Name:

Thats what we will get to.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Carlos who has a nice blog asked me to do this

question thing so here goes.


Number of books you have owned.

A zillion I love love love books. All kinds of books.


Last book you bought?

Wicked for my daughter

Last book you finished?

The Speckled Beast, a history of Smallpox ( I love non fiction best)

Five Books that Mean Alot to me?

The Book of Jewish Values

How to Run a Jewish Home

The Lessons of a Skinned Knee, a book of Jewish parenting

A River Runs thru It and anything by Bill Bryson cuz he makes me laugh

Love Medicine and Miracles

What books are you currently reading?

I am working on a program on Time Management for work so everything on that is what I am reading.

What five bloggers are you gonna pass this onto?

No one ever does on thing I say so what is the point? Sigh. Oh well no one will I bet but let me try:

Ok here goes, Elder I know you won't do it on your blog but maybe here?
Exenso you are so sweet maybe you can do it?
Mojo, also a good egg..
and Abbas?
And Aaron? You can do it! Its simple and book related so come on and take a shot.

6 Comments:

Blogger MisFitToy said...

I'll give it a go. I'm a voracious reader of all print and other media...gotta have it constantly, even at traffic lights, if not a book or magazine, the internet reports of world news on my blackberry!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Elder of Ziyon said...

> Number of books you have owned.

It's gotta be in the high hundreds. Of course many of them are Hebrew Jewish reference works.

> Last book you bought?

Artscroll Daf Yomi edition Shabbos volume 4 (still waiting for it to arrive; need it to keep up with Daf Yomi for a business trip next week)

> Last book you finished?
Wicked, which I was recommending while I was reading it but it was a little disappointing in the end.


> Five Books that Mean Alot to me?

Besides Torah learning, the books I buy are purely for entertainment so they don't mean too much to me.

> What books are you currently reading?

My daughter's "Must Love Dogs" is what I'm reading when I'm in the bathroom.

> What five bloggers are you gonna pass this onto?

None, in my mind these tags are sort of like a blog-based computer virus. But since I have never been tagged before, I figured I could answer here.

8:43 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I own probably close to 500 or more books. I am a book whore, I must confess.

9:45 AM  
Blogger callieischatty said...

thanks!!!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Abbas Halai said...

wicked was a good book and a superb show.

let's see, the last book i bought.

blood in the face: the ku klux klan, aryan nations, nazi skinheads, and the rise of a new white culture by james ridgeway.

hmm, the last book i finished reading was probably beyond fear by bruce schneier.


five books that mean a lot to me? hmm i don't think i've become emotional about a book ever. i read because i need to. but anyway i suppose they would be the following;

1) the fundamentals of physics by halliday, resnick and walker

2) the enchanted wood, the faraway tree, and the folk of the faraway tree by enid blyton

3) jonathan livingston seagull by richard bach

4) mullah's on the mainframe: islam and modernity among the daudi bohras by jonah blank

5) peak of eloquence nahjul balagha by ali-ibne-abu talib

what am i currently reading?

the watchmen by alan moore.

the rule of four by ian caldwell and dustin thomason

a bunch of wolverine and batman titles.

along with the golden ratio: the story of phi, the world's most astonishing number by mario livio

who am i passing this on to? nobody.

1:37 PM  
Blogger callieischatty said...

Thank you abbas. How nice of you!

That first book about the Klan looks awesome, I should read it for sure.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home