Name:

Thats what we will get to.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Have fun!

Ok I am in NYC.

At a really nice hotel that I love with amazing service and wonderful people and this wacky lobby built by Trump that looks like something out of a travel magazine.

I spent the last 6 weeks on a little island with no cars or TV basically just swimming, hanging out with my kids, riding my bike and having fun in nature.

So this is a major culture shock to say the least.

Anyhow, people are walking around here screaming into their cell phones a mile a freaking minute. Who are they talking to? Who are they screaming at I should say. Its such a bizarre life that people here live. They all seem so isloated and tense.

No cedar trees, no docks with herons on them, no groups of kids running around chasing each other, wow, how can people DO this?

Anyhow, my friend who lives here said to go and enjoy and see stuff and have fun so that is what I am gonna do.

I have never gone on a trip alone before but so far so good.

Its actually sort of fun to have some independence. In my life I never really am by myself just doing what I feel like, I am always, taking someone someplace, watching my kids while they swim to keep them safe, cooking, something always has to be done it seems.

Now I am going to explore the greatest People Museum on earth! The streets of Manhatten!

Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Blogger DIAMONDKT said...

Manhatten is probably my favorite part of good old NYC.

4:27 PM  
Blogger callieischatty said...

I love it here. I have seen so many amazing people.
Its just incredible.

7:02 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

I want to go there so much!!!!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I hope you are liking New York. It's such a fun place to visit. There are so many cool people to meet there. Don't be afraid, even though it may be dangerous at times, there is also incredible warmth and generosity in most New Yorkers. :-)

8:36 PM  
Blogger callieischatty said...

I agree people in NY are awesome.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home