Name:

Thats what we will get to.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

On Cindy Sheehan

Joel Greeburg wrote this. I love it. Its great. so is his blog. Once I figure out how to do hyperlinks I will link to it.


The Constitution allows me to make a very long list of statements. I can say George W. Bush is in the pocket of Zionists and oil interests, as a certain woman hanging out in Crawford, Texas does. I can also say that George W. Bush is little bunny fru-fru hopping through the forest. I can say that the difference between him and a duck is ice cream because, after all, a vest has no sleeves. Or I can say that the Stifler dance scene in American Wedding made complete sense. In other words, I can say any crazy old thing I want. I can say America is a racist, sexist, homophobic country of hate with mean icing and a bigoted cherry on top. Or I can say that I have armadillos in my trousers.

In fact, I can actually put armadillos in my trousers (though I suspect there's barely room for one) and then say all of the above. Because, you see, I can make statements almost anywhere I like about almost anything I like. I can say it in Texas, I can say it in front of the White House. I can say it dressed like a mouse, I can say it like a souse.

Okay I hate rhymes. So enough of that.

Of course, I can't say any of this inside the White House unless I've been invited inside. Otherwise, I'd be arrested for trespassing, not for presidential sassing.

Okay, I'm really done now.


11 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You could learn something from Cindy Sheehan, Ms. Callie.

By making irrational statements, a person lessens the value and weight of their arguement. If Cindy Sheehan had simply stuck to her questions, and steered away from leaning in a radical direction, she could have beat the stupidity out of our commander in chief, and actually got something accomplished.

Three cheers for irrational ideology.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Saleha said...

:)..awww, Thanks!..This is actually a painting that I made, a wall mural in my room:)Im glad you like it.

4:01 PM  
Blogger callieischatty said...

Ummmm Chris, you may have not agreed with me but that does not make my comments 'irrational'.

cough cough

4:56 PM  
Blogger boringmadedull said...

Callieischatty -

I think that you are quoting Jonah Goldberg of Nationa Review Online (www.nationalreview.com). Agree, he's a rising star in the world of punditry.

I agree with the comment you left on my site - Mrs. Sheehan and the rest of the Sheehan family (along with all of the other families of service members) need and deserve our prayers on a regular basis.

On the issue of hyperlinks, if you compose your posts in MS Word, you can highlight the words for the text of the link, and then go to the insert / link menu. From there, go click on the open web page you want to link to, and then click back to word, and it ok.

It should link.

Thanks again for your comments and visit to www.boringmadedull.blogspot.com

7:25 PM  
Blogger callieischatty said...

I don't get why the left has embraced her.

I always considered myself very much a liberal democrat and I don't recogize my own party now.

I feel bad for her loss, we should all pray for the people in the service and their families, but this kind of extreme rhetoric is way out there.

Its almost as if the Republicans should be paying her a bonus for making Bush actually look sane compared to them.

Its nuts.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

I feel bad for her loss, we should all pray for the people in the service and their families, but this kind of extreme rhetoric is way out there.

Nicely said.

8:53 PM  
Blogger fsgsf said...

Isnt it great to live in a country that affords us the freedom to say whatever we want to whomever we want!!

Cindy Sheehan's son died while protecting our freedom to do exactly that!!

I feel for her loss, but the alternative would be much worse!

God Bless the USA!!

Peace!

NJ from NJ

12:14 PM  
Blogger mojoala said...

Callie, I loved that little piece to death. It was great! I think Chris missed the point on the blog by Joel Greeburg.

1:02 PM  
Blogger callieischatty said...

I thought it summed it up nicely Mojo, very nicely indeed.

1:05 PM  
Blogger callieischatty said...

and for the record Chris can say whatever he likes.

He is a tad misguided at times, but a good egg none the less. :+}

tee hee hee

1:06 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I may be a bit misguided. Yet, I think in my short time on this earth, I've seen the things that most of you would consider a nightmare to be quickly forgotten by morning coffee. My perspective comes from experience, not ideology. Witness what I've seen, and maybe your perspective would be a little different. I guess its hard to look at things realisticly when your perspective of suffering is havign to wear hand-me down clothing as a child, with no central air conditioning.

Its amazing how well aged hens can live their whole lives in a coop and still hold their beliefs as facts.

I prefer being a well traveled egg.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home