Name:

Thats what we will get to.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Our House DIvided

We all know on some level that a house divided against itself cannot stand. At least not for long.

I see it over and over.

Does this mean that we must now allow the level of public discource to decend into a ghoulish carnival the like of which surrounded the passing of Terry Schiavo ot this poor woman camping out at the Presidents Ranch, but, unlike in Gaza, Americans haven't started shooting at one another.

Yet.

Not yet.

But when was the last time you heard a civil debate between someone on the left and someone on the right?

Really think about it.

When Michael Moore represents the left, ( and I loved his early films) and Pat Buchanen is welcomed on every TV channel to speak for the right, I ask you what does that say about what kind of idiocy has taken over politics in America?

If you listen closely to Moore and Buchanen they sound alot alike.

Our leaders are evil and in the pockets of various dark and evil forces.

The elections have been stolen.

The real problems if you listen to them are Zionism, Communism, Liberalism, Capitalism, whatever, its always someone, something other than the practical problems at hand.

The band, it just plays on.

The ship may sink, but who is there to bail?

The real issues, climate change, oil dependancy, an increasing threat from Islamic fundamentalism, a widening polarity between the left and right, the bitter Red State, Blue State family fued that threatens us all, how we are going to solve the quagmire of Iraq who cares about that when a woman camps out at the Presidents Ranch who lost her son and wants to ask Bush why? Who cares when we can all lear at the grieveing family of Terri Schiavo? What difference does it make to have reasoned logical analysis when we can just drown this out with one stupid media circus after the next?

Its sickening.

Just sickening.

7 Comments:

Blogger mojoala said...

Yes it is sickening. Alas, there is no way to change it. Yes, sickening indeed. If I have to take a side, I have to take the side that helps me to keep my civil liberties granted to me by the constitution in it's entirety, and I personally don't see that on the Red Side....

3:48 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Yes, I agree with Mojo, we are going downhill fast. And what is this mess I heard on T.V. about wanting to change the constitution?? I haven't heard anymore about it but I think that is terrible there have already been to many amendments, to a perfect document that I respect.

9:19 PM  
Blogger bleemy's blemishes said...

Why cant we all just get along?!

2:01 PM  
Blogger callieischatty said...

why indeed?

2:09 PM  
Blogger Abbas Halai said...

roger & me was a superb film.

9:23 PM  
Blogger callieischatty said...

Hi Abbas!

Roger and me really was great~

9:39 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I go with Mojo and Exseno. My civil rights are #1

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home