Name:

Thats what we will get to.

Monday, November 28, 2005

What a beautiful day

It was just so wonderful and warm and it felt so great. I took my dog and we walked seven miles. I loved it.

Things are so busy with the business I needed time to clear my head. At the gym I always have on my headphones and its harder to think somehow. Today was a good way to sort of just let out the cobwebs.

My family and I had a wonderful holiday together. It worked out great for us that the snow prevented us from going to the catskills. We had so much fun just chilling out. Life is so hectic I just never get to really stop and enjoy how beautiful my daughters really are at these ages. Nine and Fourteen.

And anyhow, for my husband it was good to just not have to go anyplace or really do anything. We are planning a trip alone this winter. I would like to see Lake Placid again. I just think its so romantic in the winter. Like some fairy tale of wonderland or something.

My business partner and i are over our brief hump. I just figured whatever, its not worth it to argue. We are making more money than I would have ever thought so fast and we both have very very different ways of dealing with pressure and stress. I tend to remain calm and just pound away and be optimistic and she is totally type A and gets nuts. But I spoke with a good friend of mine who is a partner in a firm that is similar and she said I have a great deal and I have to suck it up and just let it roll off me. Two people who are alike are less suitable as a team than people so different as Valerie and I.

I am starting to think about the holidays and friends and presents and all that stuff now. I can't believe its here already.

I just feel so thankful for the life I have and for my family. I couldn't ask for more really. Lets all hope that at least for now my luck doesn't change.

2 Comments:

Blogger MisFitToy said...

Good to see you back, Callie. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and time with the family and reprioritizing and appreciating the little things that mean so much. I agree with your friend about the business partner/friend. "Duck's back " the "stuff" she doles out and be yourself and enjoy the joie de vivre in your business where you have complimenting differences...viva la difference!

11:57 PM  
Blogger callieischatty said...

yes I just have to have a 'ducks back' approach! LOL I have never heard that expression.
I mean she is very very different from me and to a great extent that is good.
It makes for some fireworks between us too but thats part of the magic that makes our business tick.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home